|Previous page||Next page|
(a) When FRM is required by this Subpart or an applicable certification specification, the operator shall establish, implement and maintain a FRM as an integral part of its management system. The FRM shall ensure compliance with the essential requirements in points 7.f, 7.g and 8.f of Annex IV to Regulation (EC) No. 216/2008. The FRM shall be described in the operations manual.
(b) The FRM established, implemented and maintained shall provide for continuous improvement to the overall performance of the FRM and shall include:
(1) a description of the philosophy and principles of the operator with regard to FRM, referred to as the FRM policy;
(2) documentation of the FRM processes, including a process for making personnel aware of their responsibilities and the procedure for amending this documentation;
(3) scientific principles and knowledge;
(4) a hazard identification and risk assessment process that allows managing the operational risk(s) of the operator arising from crew member fatigue on a continuous basis;
(5) a risk mitigation process that provides for remedial actions to be implemented promptly, which are necessary to effectively mitigate the operator’s risk(s) arising from crew member fatigue and for continuous monitoring and regular assessment of the mitigation of fatigue risks achieved by such actions;
(6) FRM safety assurance processes;
(7) FRM promotion processes.
(c) The FRM shall correspond to the flight time specification scheme, the size of the operator and the nature and complexity of its activities, taking into account the hazards and associated risks inherent in those activities and the applicable flight time specification scheme.
(d) The operator shall take mitigating actions when the FRM safety assurance process shows that the required safety performance is not maintained.